The 18th edition of the European Film Festival, directed by Alberto La Monica and Cristina Soldano, will take place in Lecce-Italy from 3rd – 8th April, 2017.
The European Film Festival is organized by the Cultural Association “Art Promotion”.
The Municipality of Lecce, Apulia Film Commission Foundation, Apulia Regional Administration, Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism – Directorate General Cinema, support the event. Other associations, organizations, institutions and private sponsors provide additional financing.
The target of the Festival is to act as an intermediary among cultures, among the different film languages, as well as to become a potential means of European cinema promotion.
OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES: European Feature Films Competition “Golden Olive Tree”
EUROPEAN FEATURE FILMS COMPETITION “GOLDEN OLIVE TREE”
Entry to the Competition is open to feature length fiction films.
Main submission requirements are:
– contemporary story (set nowadays);
– year of production 2016 or 2017;
– European production entirely filmed in Europe;
– screening format DCP with English subtitles;
– the screening in Lecce must be an Italian Premiere.
The Film Entry Form, duty filled in and signed, must be sent by January 15th 2017 along with a DVD or a digital link with English subtitles and all relevant information for the selection.
Ten European films in their original versions, with English subtitles and Italian electronic subtitles, will be screened on Italian premiere and evaluated by an International Jury that will award:
• Golden Olive Tree for the Best Film (to the director);
• Best Cinematography Award;
• Best Screenplay Award;
• Special Jury Award.
The following prizes will also be awarded:
• 5.000 Euros cash prize (to be equally shared between director and producer);
• FIPRESCI Prize;
• S.N.G.C.I. Prize to the Best European Actor;
• Cineuropa Prize;
• Prize to the Best Supporting Actor;
• Special Audience Award.